Dux Radio AB
This company whose brand is one of the largest in radio / television market is in fact also one of the oldest in the industry, even if the company name and brand did not come to until 1926. As early as 1922 began namely the then 19-year-old radio amateur Hilding Ljungfeldt to commercially exploit their interest and knowledge.
In the family home, he began namely small scale manufacture crystal sets that he sold to friends and acquaintances, and the following year he went also on rörmottagare.
Demand grew, he made good appliances that quickly gained a good reputation, and distribution were soon taken care of by the wholesalers who then grew up in this new industry. In May 1926, it's time to add up the production for the major corridors and Ljungfeldt sounded then register the "Dux Telephone & Radio Factory" with office and workshop in Blekingegatan 61, an address which coincidentally meant close neighborhood with the Philips warehouse across the street.
This "special factory radio parts and equipment" was that the name entered is not just an assembly workshop. They manufactured coils and other components as well as headphones and speakers. In December of the same year was advertised crystal sets, with 2 pairs of earphones and four banana plugs included, at a promotional price of 28 SEK. Besides these crystal devices involved the production program, a complete range of rörmottagare.
Thanks to standardization same enclosures were used for the 1 -, 2 -, 3 - and 4-pipe receiver - could be affordable satisfy different demands on the reception and reproduction characteristics.
Shortly after the plant's start was the first contact and then began the trustful business relationship between Dux and Philips in 1934 resulted in a merger. Because you would not be disturbed by the machines had been agreed to meet in the factory in the evening and on both sides have still vivid memory of that first meeting. Edelgardt and North Fors came there to sell pipes, and they were received by Ljungfeldt and Frans Simonsson, now the oldest in service and for many years the company's technical director. On that page did you feel already well advanced.
Dux AB, Svarvaregatan 11
In 1930, added on a share with a capital of £ 25,000, later increased to 200.000. The expanded operations demanded by hand larger spaces. They moved from one place to the other until 1938 came across suitable premises in the industrial property Svarvaregatan 11 where the good opportunities for expansion well used. Since one of Philips got over the crisis in the early 30s began there interested in a more solid connection to the domestic the industries. The negotiations in this direction initiated between Ljungfeldt and Philips resulted shortly before the summer of 1934 in an agreement under which Ljungfeldt transferred the shares of his company. He would, however, remain as the leader and chief executive officer.
Sales Manager and the closest thing was Olle Sjöquist. The manufacture of battery and less nätmottagare was continued as before, however, imported super straight dunes in terms of chassis, which are then built into the enclosures adapted to Swedish flavor. When NEFA summer of 1940 took over the manufacture of nätmottagare continued Dux factory build stationary and portable battery devices. The machinery and its capacity has since been used for the production of a whole range of other products of various kinds, such as welding transformers and industrial equipment, charging rectifiers for electric cars, hairdryer translation and massage apparatus, apparatus for balancing the car wheel, förkopplingsapparater for fluorescent lighting, etc.
During the war , when Philip Have shavers could no longer be imported , acquired specialized machinery to manufacture them here. A significant and long lasting contribution came Dux laboratory to do in that it was entrusted with the task to work on the automatic disc changer to bring it as soon as possible could be mass produced . The whole of the international group had great interest in the disc changer and after the war would need to do is strongly felt. This initially temporary assignments was the beginning of this part of the lab , on a consolidated basis and Heather Feldt's leadership , became a development and design center for gramophone works and tape recorders. As such, it has provided many valuable contributions to the further development of phono area. The composition of the RECORD CHANGER occurred in NEFA while the engines and pickups produced in Dux factory , which also over the years, mass manufactured turntable for personal , group and other radiofabrikanters needs.